By Glam & Essence
Oily skin, no doubt,has its benefit. Experts say those with oily tend not to show signs of aging as fast as those with dry skin.But it is quite a task managing the shiny look that results from oily skin . That is not all, this with oily skin are prone to breakouts and acne,one that is never a good sight to behold.
So how do you manage oily skin and even get rid of that shiny look?
Here are some basic beauty and makeup tips you can try at home to help get rid of oily skin.
1:Wash your face frequently throughout the day as oily skin attracts dirt which tends to settle into pores, causing acne.
• Choose a good face wash that is meant for oily skin
• Use a product that will help control and fight acne
- Drink plenty of water on a daily basis, at least 8 to 10 glasses of water .
• Include fruits and vegetables in your diet as this will help to detoxify our body.
- Use Mud Pack at Home:
• A home made face mud mask of Fuller’s Earth (multanimitti) and rose water works best for oily skin
• Multanimitti absorbs all the excess oil from the skin while the rose water acts as a natural astringent.
4.Scrubbing once a week is a good idea. It helps to remove the dirt from the pores. It will help keep those break outs at bay. Always apply the scrub with a gentle massage and wash off with warm water.
Use a mild facial scrub so as not to not hurt your facial skin.
- Cleanser is great and always use a good foaming cleanser while cleansing your face.Wet your face with clean water before applying the cleanser on your wet face and gently massage it all over your face, then wash your face with warm water properly. Always choose a cleanser that has certain ingredients which can fight against bacteria which is the cause for pimples and acne.You can also use a medicated soap using lukewarm water for cleansing.
You can also use fruits as natural cleansers:
• Fruits like papaya and watermelon act as natural cleansers
• Use these on the skin by rubbing them gently to cleanse the skin naturally and remove greasiness.
- A toner is essential to remove the excess oil from your skin and maintain balance. If your toner is leaving your skin dry then it’s time for a change.
- Moisturizer are needed for
Oily skin,so choose the one that doesn’t give you a very greasy feel. A good brand is all you need. If your favorite moisturizer is a little oily, just add a few drops of rose water or even plain water and apply it.
8.ln addition to the cleansing, scrubbing, toning and moisturizing routine, if there are any spots or pimples on the skin ,apply an anti-pimple lotion only on the eruption and leave it on. In case there are scars left by acne, rub an anti-blemish ointment into the scars and leave it on all night.
- The use Serum is also good.
If you have a lot of pimples or acne on your face, use a good cream for it. Make sure that the cream contains serum. The serum not only decreases the pimples and acne from the skin ,but also makes sure that no new pimples break out.
- Tomato juice helps to reduce open pores by tightening them.
• Apply a few drops of tomato juice on your skin with a cotton ball.
- Natural Astringents does help to Control Oil Secretion.
• Orange peel has astringent oils which controls oil secretion,so it’s worth trying.
• Dry the orange peel and grind them into powder
• Make a paste by mixing orange peel powder and rose water
• Apply this on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
• This mix will also help to reduce any blackheads and blemishes on the skin
- The Ice Cube Magic.
Makeup tends to wear out soon on oily skin as you constantly have to keep dabbing on it. To prevent this, rub an ice cube on your skin before applying makeup.
Most of the above tips will help you to properly control the oiliness on your face and skin.
Makeup Tips to Control Oily Skin:
Here are a few interesting makeup tips that will help you control that oil:
*Effective Primer for Oily Skin:
Always use a good primer before you begin your makeup. Make sure it is one that is suited for oily skin. Apply the primer on your face as well as on your eye lids
*Avoid Excess Concealer:
Avoid using too much concealer as it can actually make your makeup crease. And your skin being an oily type can immediately cause the creasing effect.
*Blotting Makeup Sheets:
Use blotting makeup sheets that can be used on your face through the day to absorb away the excess oil. It will also make your skin feel refreshed.
Always use a cleanser before applying makeup. Natural and foaming cleansers are the est options to choose to remove the excess oils.
*Astringent as a Toner:
Apply a toner once you have cleansed your skin. Use an astringent as it will help control oil secretion.Natural astringent like orange peels work the best.
- Remove Makeup Before Bedtime:
Make sure you always remove all traces of makeup before going to bed. Leaving the makeup as such without clearing on the skin can aggravate the oiliness.