By Glam & Essence
If there is one governor who truly came into governance with an agenda to effect change,it is Seyi Makinde,the 51-year-old
Executive Governor of Oyo State,who won through the PDP. He shocked many when he publicly declared his asset,starting off a debate on account of his impressive wealth and the audacity to make it known,unlike what is the norm with past governor’s and even some current ones.
In just 100days in office he has achieved the following:
• Primary and Secondary Education Free. Free exercise books and other materials for all school children. The books have no party logo
The books have no governor’s image
The books are not to be sold.
• Pensioners and workers gets paid every 25th of the month and 23rd if pay day falls on weekend.
• Launched Oyo State-Farmcrowdy Agribusiness Partnership to commence a 3-year plan with 50,000 farmers in the state.
• 100 units of Kia Rio 1.4 Executive Automatic Transmission vehicles for the various security agencies
• Criminalise Open Grazing
• Begins e-registration of everyone living in Oyo State to determine the number of people living and doing business in the state
• Proscribe NURTW because of violence in the state and to this day, they are yet to be back.
• N500,000 bursary for every Oyo State indigene Studying in Law School
• Established Oyo state EFCC
No doubt,he has unsettled some nerves in the state when he took refused to do business as usual. However,he has earned the respect of many who could not believe that change can actually happen in Oyo State as the people are gradually seeing the in roads Governor Makinde is making to alleviate hardship on the poor in the State.